General Position Summary
Cameron Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an experienced claims adjuster to join our team. The right candidate may have the potential to work remotely within the state of Missouri or will have the option to work from our Cameron or Springfield, Missouri office.
We work hard, but also value a healthy balance between work and life. We offer a choice of quality medical plans and a great dental plan, with company participation in paying your premiums. In addition, Cameron Mutual’s benefits include a competitive paid time off program and generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 25 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. Cameron Mutual offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives (think health fair and gym fees reimbursement) to life insurance (both company paid and supplemental) to educational assistance (think tuition assistance and no-cost-to-you industry education courses).
Essential functions for this role include:
- Ascertains validity of claims, verifies coverage, determines liability, determines extent of the value of a claim and negotiates settlements within prescribed limits of authority, in accordance with established procedures and consistent with legal and contractual obligations, as well as state statutes and Department of Insurance requirements.
- Works with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, witnesses, service providers and others to bring assigned claims to prompt conclusion.
- Communicates with insureds, claimants and other interested parties over the telephone and in written correspondence relating to claims adjusting and settlement activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of policy coverages, developments in tort law and damage-related issues.
- Assists supervisors in maintaining proper reserving.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) from a four-year college or university (preferred); or
- Associate’s Degree plus 1-2 years of related work experience (preferably in the insurance industry); or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Industry Education and Experience:
- Associate in Claims (AIC); and
- Three or more years claims adjusting experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the above.